NVQ Academy is one of the only Training Providers/NVQ Centres to offer FREE Work-Based Assessor Training and Qualifications with every package purchased*
Work-Based Assessor Training and Certification – The Process
NVQ Academy's Lead Internal Verifier trains all Work-Based Assessors on-site.
Introduction Day (Optional – if Assessor/s have already been identified)
- Process explained and all interested parties consulted.
- Input, time requirements, evidence gathering and benefits explained.
- Procedures and workbooks produced by NVQ Academy discussed.
- Equal Opportunities Policy, Appeals & Complaints Procedures, Malpractice Policy, Health & Stafety and Learning Records Service Information..
- Induction, registration, candidate contract and initial assessment plan(s)
- Naturalistic Observation
- Candidate self analysis and recording (many methods).
- Completion of Observation Sheet and Evidence Record Log (inc feedback)
- Review of Observation sheets/Evidence Record Sheets
- Recording and marking off in candidate’s log-book checked.
- Ensure all candidate induction & registration forms have been received and log-books issued.
- Other evidence gathering methods are discussed in more detail for further consideration.
- The Unit Summary Sheet and knowledge evidence requirements introduced.
- Internally Verification to ensure all requirements are to National Standards.
- Commence Assessor Award.
- The assessor may take on additional candidates when all the above requirements have been completed.
Completion of Assessor Award
- Observation of assessor discussing, assessing, planning and providing feedback to her/his candidate.
- The candidate will be interviewed regarding provided support, guidance and clarification of evidence/ Standards.
- Professional discussion with the assessor-candidate
- Assessor Award processed and presented to the assessor-candidate.
* subject to minimum number of Candidates at site depending on geographical location and availablity of a senior member of staff to act as a Work-Based Assessor (Training and Qualification included in package price)
Click Here for more information on Progression Opportunties in the Learning and Development Sector