The New QCF awards have replaced the following NVQs with:
QCF - A brief Introduction
QCF stands for The Qualifications & Credit Framework.
- Frameworks are being developed throughout Europe to demonstrate values of qualifications in relation to others achieved in various countries.
- NVQs have been integrated onto the framework – and will appear as Certificates at Level 2 and Diplomas at Level 3.
- Level 4 NVQs in Health & Social Care and Childrens Workforce will appear as Diplomas at Level 5 on the framework.
- The Diplomas/Certificates will continue to be VOCATIONAL. All evidence can be achieved in the workplace.
- Evidence will continue to be collected holistically – and assessed by Work Based Assessors as per NVQ.
- NVQ Academy systems and paperwork will be minimally adjusted to embrace the requirements of the new Awards.
- NVQ Academy will continue to offer Work-Based Assessor Training and Qualification FREE of charge – one of the very few Training Organisations/Assessment Centres to do this.
- The new and replacement qualifications will be made available by NVQ Academy as soon as they are officially launched.
- Registration for NVQ Level 3 closed at the end of December 2010. NVQ Level 4 was closed on 31 march 2011.
- The whole qualification – and its parts (units) carry a credit rating to show overall value and status.
- The credits can be earned and collected by learners Credits will be entered on to the Learner's Personal Learning Record (available since September 2010).
- Learners will be issued with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) to ensure QCF achievement information will be held on the Personal Learning Record.
What does the new QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) mean to the NVQ my staff members already hold?
NVQ will be just as valuable a qualification compared to the new Diploma. Your staff are qualified and no-one can take that away from them or devalue their qualification. If you were meeting or surpassing minimum standards before – you still are. The new - or equivalent - Diploma has been designed to be delivered in the workplace exactly like the current NVQ.
Why has the QCF been introduced?
The only reason things are changing is because qualifications are now being compared to similar qualifications throughout Europe. Each will carry a credit value and an opportunity to build the qualification gradually. They will NOT affect the VOCATIONAL emphasis on Care and Education Awards. They are designed and intended to be carried out in the workplace as before.
Why not see how you can combine the Induction Standards with the QCF Diploma Level 3 to save both time and money
Read More Here:- Children's Workforce Induction Standards , Common Induction Standards (CIS) or Training, Development and Support Induction Standards for Foster Carers